After a temporary hiatus, THE MAINSTREET PRESS is back in the blogosphere! We welcome you back to our little online space with a quick catch up. Here is a quick round up of some of 2014’s highlights so far…
- The cafe had an exciting makeover, (more on that later)…
- Our brilliant manager Vivian was nominated at The Bookseller annual industry awards.
- We won ‘Best Deli in the UK and Ireland 2014′, in the Farm Shop & Deli awards!
- And our windows paid fitting tribute to the WW1 Centenary.
We were lucky enough to snag some brilliant authors for this years line up of events, including Nicholas Shakespeare, Rachel Joyce, Andy McNab, Oliver Horowitz and these four wonderful women;
- The lovely Jessie Burton enchanted our audience with tales of her first novel ‘The Miniaturist’ Jessie is most definitely one to watch, we are certain great things are to come from her.
- Sally Magnusson made us laugh and cry with heart-rending stories from her latest book ‘Where Memories Go’, an ultimately uplifting collection of memories.
- Award winning journalist Kirsty Wark took a step out of her broadcasting shoes to discuss her first novel, ‘The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringle’.
- And the wit and delight of Clare Balding brought the 250 strong house down as she regaled us with snippets from her latest offering, ‘Walking Home: My Family and Other Rambles’.